Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Projector - What Sort?

Default New Projector - What Sort?

I'm just about to buy a new projector for my mobile disco.

Can anyone suggest a make / model or what I should look for?
    Preferably links to UK shops. I've tried all the local electrical shops in town, but they just referr me to the internet or big city shops.

I thought I might find a few deals now the world cup is over, but havn't seen anything yet.

I do quite a few small venue's and the distance from the front of my rig to the back wall is usually no more than 8 foot.

This site looks good:
    www.projectors.co.uk
    But way too many to pick from when you don't know exactly what your looking for.

Cheers.
    Original Topic Post

Go for a philips as my school has them and they are very sharp

Whitehousejamie may be able to help you out with a few pointers on this - I know they use projectors, and I'm sure he'll answer when he comes along.

Also, I know that Ricesnaps was looking into buying one a while back...... not sure how far he got with it though: no doubt he'll tell us when he's back online.

i have an infocus 4805- not made anymore but if the replacement is as good as it is then you wont be dissapointed.
    really good picture although 8ft may be a bit too short a throw- check out there website and you can see the pic size you can get

check out The Publican magazine in the back adverts plenty of projection companies there mayhap you could get some make names, believe sanyo and sony major biggies

as per my reply to this same question on another forum.

Try looking at Benq they make some good projectors that have good quality pic and good lamp life of around 4000 hours they come in various gizes buyer have a load listed under different lumens there are DLP Projectors and there ar LCD projectors make sue which kind is the best for you when you go in to this as when projecting video DLP i believe is better and LCD is better for conferencing type applications like cobar says when jamie gts back on here later maybe he will be able to help u
    Digitalsounds Mobile Discos & Karaoke

You've Seen The Rest Now Book The Best !

www.digitalsounds.co.uk

Gaz, what do you actually intend using it for?
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalsounds
    as per my reply to this same question on another forum.

Try looking at Benq they make some good projectors that have good quality pic and good lamp life of around 4000 hours they come in various gizes buyer have a load listed under different lumens there are DLP Projectors and there ar LCD projectors make sue which kind is the best for you when you go in to this as when projecting video DLP i believe is better and LCD is better for conferencing type applications like cobar says when jamie gts back on here later maybe he will be able to help u
    Yep, the BenQ's are very good value for money. Try www.projectorpoint.co.uk, good prices, good people to deal with.

A DLP unit of 2000 lumens or more will be enough for any semi-dark room, such as this unit..

http://www.projectorpoint.co.uk/proj...enQ_MP620.html

Jamie

Also, It would be a good idea to compare the distance to screen / projected image size ratio to ensure you will get a large enough image when you have limited space. I think Projector Point have a chart showing the capabilities of each product.

Jamie

Just been to PC World and bought a Sharp Notevision XR-1S

£549.95

Technology: DLP
    SVGA
    Resolution: 800 x 600
    Inputs: Data and Video
    Contrast Ratio: 400:1
    Brightness: 1200 ANSI Lumens
    Weight: 1.4Kgs

Find A Review Here
    and here